Call them what you like: liver spots, age spots, sun spots. But once those small, flat, brown spots have established a permanent home on your face, hands, shoulders, arms, upper back and other areas that have been blasted by our searing-hot sun for years and decades, we just want rid of them. How to get rid of sun spots? Luckily there are plenty of options.
What are your options for age spots removal?
First, breathe a sigh of relief. When pondering, ‘what are sunspots on skin?’, you’ll find that they are not only a result of prolonged sun exposure but also just a natural part of ageing. Better still, they’re generally quite harmless. But the truly uplifting news is that there are several treatments available that can assist with age spots removal:
- Topical agents: Thanks to ingredients like hydroquinone, glycolic acid, kojic acid, and vitamin C, there are various over-the-counter and prescription creams that can gradually fade or lighten sun spots.
- Chemical peels: Although often quite harsh, solutions including glycolic acid, trichloroacetic acid, or salicylic acid exfoliate the top layers of the skin, improving the look of sunspots.
- Cryotherapy: Sun spots can also be frozen off with liquid nitrogen.
- Microdermabrasion: This is a procedure utilising fine crystals to exfoliate the skin’s surface, helping to reduce the appearance of sun spots.
- Dermabrasion: It’s basically just a more intense version of microdermabrasion, sanding away those outer layers of sunspot-affected skin.
- Photodynamic therapy: It combines light with a special light-activated solution to target and fade those unseemly spots.
But when thinking about how to get rid of sunspots, did you know there are no fewer than 10 compelling reasons to consider a truly next-generation treatment? Pico Toning, also known as laser pigmentation removal, stands out thanks to the latest advancements in Picosecond Laser technology. Here’s why you should consider it:”
1. More precise than topicals
Pico Toning lasers specifically target the pigmented areas, preserving surrounding healthy skin and reducing side effects – unlike topical agents that affect the entire area applied.
2. Fewer sessions than chemical peels
Pico Toning typically requires fewer sessions for optimal results than the repeated and harsh applications of chemical peels.
3. Less discomfort than cryotherapy
When considering how to get rid of age spots, most people find Pico Toning treatments a lot more comfortable than the familiar sting of having sun spots frozen off.
4. No downtime vs. dermabrasion
Dermabrasion can take a bit of time to recover from, but after Pico Toning treatment, patients can get back to all of their normal activities straight away.
5. More consistent results than microdermabrasion
Unlike the harsh and yet superficial approach of microdermabrasion, Pico Toning offers deeper and more consistent results across various skin types, making it a preferred choice to remove sun spots.
6. Longevity compared to topicals
You’ll need to keep applying those topical creams over and over and over again, but after a series of Pico Toning treatments, expect long-lasting results.
7. Reduced risk of hyperpigmentation vs. chemical peels
If your skin tone is on the darker side, a big risk of chemical peels is an increased production of melanin – making those sun spots on the face even worse! But there’s basically no risk of that with Pico Toning.
8. Quicker than photodynamic therapy
Pico Toning can treat sun spots surprisingly rapidly, offering a swift age spot removal solution – and notably a lot faster than the extended duration of complex photodynamic therapy sessions.
9. Safety across skin types vs. cryotherapy
Yes, cryotherapy can be effective – but the use of extreme cold comes with the risk of scarring, skin darkening, infection, blistering and pain. The same risks are a lot lower with laser removal, no matter your skin type.
10. Holistic approach vs. dermabrasion
Mechanically and aggressively sanding and scraping away skin layers may sound harsh – and you’d be right! With Pico Toning, though, it’s advanced laser technology that penetrates those deeper layers of the skin with short pulses of light without ever harming the surface at all.
How to get rid of sun spots with Disappear Laser Clinic
For those looking to remove age spots, state-of-the-art Picosecond Laser technology isn’t just another cosmetic treatment – it’s a revolution. It dives deeper than the superficial, addressing the root of the issue in both the dermal and epidermal layers, effortlessly tackling sun spots as well as it deals with freckles, melasma, and other skin pigmentation issues. The entire process is smooth, with minimal discomfort, for the flawless glow you’ve been dreaming of. Book your initial consultation with the friendly team at Disappear Laser Clinic today.